Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I just have a question and maybe someone on this site can help me out. I live in NJ and it's a single family house. I am going to put 120 smoke detectors throughout the whole house. Where does every smoke detector need to be installed?

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Lol. Unless you've got a legit fire alarm system I doubt putting 120 in one residence is compliant since building codes require smokes to be interconnected and I believe the basic kiddie or firex smokes only allow around 15 to be tied together. 120 is a little crazy regardless if you can make it work or not. Here I think they're required inside and immediately outside every bedroom and at least one per floor

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Sorry brothers I meant 120v it's a 4 bedroom house. And just curious where I need to put every smoke detector
1 per hallway leading to bedrooms and 1 per floor level, but also check manufactures instructions. You may not want to place within 3' from a bathroom, air return, ceiling fan.

Edit, one per bedroom. CoCombo if gas appliances.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.