Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best reel for 250' spools of NM wire? I've got the ones made by Carlon but I'm looking for something a little more sturdy.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wire that doesn't come on a spool makes no sense.. even our smallest wires and wire lengths will come on a metal or plastic spool.
Well Frunkster, you don't make a whole lot of sense either. I guess here in the States we're greener then that. We can buy 1000' rolls on a reel but the 250' ones are much easier to handle. Plastic reels end up in landfills or incinerators where they contribute to polluting our delicate environment.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
wendon said:
Well Frunkster, you don't make a whole lot of sense either. I guess here in the States we're greener then that. We can buy 1000' rolls on a reel but the 250' ones are much easier to handle. Plastic reels end up in landfills or incinerators where they contribute to polluting our delicate environment.
then we have to shovel the global warming all winter

·
Estwing magic
27,426 Posts
We use 150M (500'). On a good day we'll strap it to the studs with a piece of EMT. On a normal day, we'll just hang it from the studs with a piece of cable.

We're primitive :) .

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
How do you guys pull multiple cables at once? I can put 3 or 4 rolls on a piece of pipe, and pull them at the same time.

And who buys 250ft anyway.. 500ft is cheaper! Oh and recycle the plastic and metal spools after they're used up.

I don't think a HO would be too appreciative of cutting the drywall out to hang a reel from a stud in a remodel :jester:
I use one of these:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.