Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a large generator job.. 150kw. unit going on a brand new 2000 amp. service...

This is out of my comfort zone so I called a Generac guy who I use for warranty work.. he is one of the biggest industrial guys around...

I tell his guy what is going on to see if he is interested... I want nothing in return.. just want to see the job going to someone I know..

I tell him to give me a call back so I know if he is interested.. that was (3) days ago and no call...

It just burns me you try to do the right thing and a simple call back can't be made...

People suck.. :censored:

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I am looking at a large generator job.. 150kw. unit going on a brand new 2000 amp. service...

This is out of my comfort zone so I called a Generac guy who I use for warranty work.. he is one of the biggest industrial guys around...

I tell his guy what is going on to see if he is interested... I want nothing in return.. just want to see the job going to someone I know..

I tell him to give me a call back so I know if he is interested.. that was (3) days ago and no call...

It just burns me you try to do the right thing and a simple call back can't be made...

maybe he lost his phone

maybe he is on vacation

or maybe, just maybe he doesn't like you

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
You should meet him at Home Depot.

When you're done with him, bury him in a PVC casket, no map.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts

Maybe he's been trying to text you all this time and he's wondering why you haven't gotten back to him yet.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Maybe he just doesn't want to make any more money.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Any reason in particular why you dont want this job? Dont you and a couple of small shop guys share labor with each other? Is this not something you and 2 or 3 other guys could handle?

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
Maybe he found out you deliver generators out of the back of your station wagon and wants nothing to do with you.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Maybe he just doesn't want to make any more money.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
nope I say he doesn't like you

making money isn't the most important thing in life

myself I walked away from a GC earlier this year.....2 guaranteed jobs worth around $40k, plus 2 other potentials

that was liberating

some people just aren't worth dealing with and I believe he feels that way about you

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any reason in particular why you dont want this job? Dont you and a couple of small shop guys share labor with each other? Is this not something you and 2 or 3 other guys could handle?
I'm working on that issue now... but I want to work with someone who has gone through this dance before...

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
some people just aren't worth dealing with and I believe he feels that way about you
You really have no clue what you are talking about... why not keep your mouth shut instead of making dumb ass cheap shot posts..

·
Banned
549 Posts
Maybe he doesn't know how to do that pager thing. Seriously, the last time I called a pager was in high school. I wouldn't remember what to do.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe he doesn't know how to do that pager thing. Seriously, the last time I called a pager was in high school. I wouldn't remember what to do.
They have my contact phone numbers on file... even my pager number.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As I posted... they have done warranty work for me before and it went well..

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.