Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chicken steve said:
well here you get shunned & flogged it's part of our charm! :thumbsup: ~CS~
Oh I know I have some flogging comin. Ive been an Electrcian for 6 years in commercial. Just never had a reason to get my license

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
T Healy said:
Here your jobs gets shut down until a permit is pulled and a possible fine up to 1,000 georges
He just mentioned a panel upgrade. Pretty small potatoes to cause much of a stir.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
depends where in PA the violation is committed and who you know in that municipality

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
So yank the meter, change the panel, spark 'er up, and then drop a permit in the mail....

~CS~

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Oh I know I have some flogging comin. Ive been an Electrcian for 6 years in commercial. Just never had a reason to get my license

chicken steve said:
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site have enough to do with keeping up appearances , and really don't need the extra baggade of pseudo electricians in a professional forum

If it were permitted by law in , we'd publicly flog you and then sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to gleefully flogging you as well.

Please take a moment to post your dismal level of trade expertise at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for the butthurt that this may have caused. This thread has been hosed.

~CS~
:jester::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
T Healy said:
Yes it is, that's why the fines are only possibilities. Their way to "walk softly and carry etc..."
I only have experience in SoCal and metro Detroit. Both of those places could care less, get caught, you pull the permit, case closed.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
So what happens if you do a panel upgrade without a permit and get caught? Or any work for that matter
The first move is they will request that you pull a permit and they will double the fee,If that don't work then you shall be purified with pain...:eek::laughing:

·
Head Grunt
415 Posts
Around here there is no requirement to pull a permit. POCO requires an inspection when finished before reattaching, thats it. Even now with the new rules and regs within the POCO it is getting easier to just disconnect/reconnect yourself. The POCO is suppose to be having an 8hr class and then have us sign a waver to start doing this but so far nothing has come about so a couple of us have started to do our own anyway. The line crews do not care and even supply use with H-taps and covers. I plan to purchase a bucket truck in the next month or so just to make this easier. I told a friend of mine who is a supervisor on the local POCO line crew and he stated to let him know and he would help load/fill my truck.

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
So what happens if you do a panel upgrade without a permit and get caught? Or any work for that matter
Castration... nothing less.

Pete

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
Incubus311 said:
Did one in 2011, just did more work at the same place. Inspector went in and blew up. I had forgot to get a permit for the panel change. I really did forget, or it got missed somehow. It cost double here when they catch it(after 14 days).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts