Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm confused by this. Why wouldn't you just use a speed bit and then use a knock out set to get the desired size? Then the connector would fit right in.
Sometimes the concentric ko's don't come out as planned. Sometimes your helper hands you a 2 1/2 instead of a 2" ko. 4 square blanks are the "oh sh! T" reducing washer ko filler that most electricians have handy.

Reactions: leland

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm confused by this. Why wouldn't you just use a speed bit and then use a knock out set to get the desired size? Then the connector would fit right in.
What makes you think that's not what I may have done?

It was so cold when i knocked out the KO the whole thing came undone. I was lucky I had a 1/2" KO 4" round because I just bought about 20 of them and none them have the KO. Thank God I have this one. Btw, there's only (1) blank plate being used here, no "sandwich" as you say. Bolting it down is a good suggestion that I'll probably do next time. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts

It was so cold when i knocked out the KO the whole thing came undone. I was lucky I had a 1/2" KO 4" round because I just bought about 20 of them and none them have the KO. Thank God I have this one. Btw, there's only (1) blank plate being used here, no "sandwich" as you say. Bolting it down is a good suggestion that I'll probably do next time. Thanks.
I see. Makes sense now. I just recently saw someone hang a transformer from the trusses with 4x4 blanks and ready rod. Needless to say those blanks are turning to u's as it get sucked in. That bitch is gonna fall. Wtf is wrong with people!!! Especially when there is a lot of strut around.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

If you ever have to make on,just screw onto a round box hold it with your boots and uni-bit the 1/2" KO..

I thought I was the only nut job working outside today..:laughing:

Dam it's cold.....:mad:

·
Can't Remember
11,145 Posts
Do they make reducing tins that big? You'd get to the supply house and they'd only have half of a pair... Looks good from my house. I made it a point to hide in an office break area and old work some receptacles and a couple of cat 5 drops. Generator repair for Monday most likely. No escape.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
No problems here. If it's good enough for the pair of brand new Mitsubishi lasers I did this year it's good enough for a meter can. I usually tek screw the corners too, or a nut and bolt if needed. I personally think reducing washers are a far more impaired connection than what you've got there

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.