Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bidding on a number of service laterals against sorts that want the digger to install the pipe

They always want to get #'s either way, digger vs sparky does pipework

The last few years i've parsed that out as 'no warranty' when it's insisted the dirt dummies do my job

Anyone else here suffer from the same affliction?

How do you deal?

~CS~

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
haven't run into this - all commercial laterals I've done we dig, or hire out digging and we still place conduit. fwiw, though, the poco's insure that you do their work properly by pulling their donut through. if the donut don't go through, you redo. maybe you could add that to your warranty clause somehow. Inspection prior to backfilling is also important - does anyone inspect these laterals before they're covered up ?

I've attached a copy of one local poco's requirements for installing their pipe
http://www.apsva.us/cms/lib2/VA01000586/Centricity/Domain/145/Addendum%201%2002FY13%20-%20DVP%20Contracators.pdf

Reactions: chicken steve

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
The utilities around here sub out all their big UG primaries to the excavators. They're used to putting together 36" sewer laterals so I'm sure they can handle a little 5".

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Inspection prior to backfilling is also important - does anyone inspect these laterals before they're covered up ?
They used to long ago, now they just slap a 'customer owned' sticker on it, and have no worries

We've similar details, all public knowledge

But fat lot of good it does for me to point it out to the :censored:dirt dummies

In fact, many times i've shown up at jobs with a piece of urd sticking out of grade @ pole & house :rolleyes:

~CS~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts