Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some other high paying apprenticeships that I can look into? I live in the Inland Empire in Southern California.

I've applied to Steam and Pipefitting but it seems like a long process. I don't know whether I'll get in or not so I need to start looking into other things.

I have looked into Electrician but it requires a college algebra course to even apply. I am planning on taking that course probably next semester but ya. As of now it's not an option

What else?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
HVAC + refrigeration might be a good one. People might slow down on putting up new buildings if there's a recession but places that require refrigeration like food storage warehouses and grocery stores are always going to need service. That's what I'm planning to do eventually.

Don't be afraid of math, by the way. It's a necessary part of trade school for basically any of the good trades, electrical and otherwise.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
HVAC + refrigeration might be a good one. People might slow down on putting up new buildings if there's a recession but places that require refrigeration like food storage warehouses and grocery stores are always going to need service. That's what I'm planning to do eventually.

Don't be afraid of math, by the way. It's a necessary part of trade school for basically any of the good trades, electrical and otherwise.
A friend of mine in california hvac union guy at age 30 has 6 homes ,never married obviously:laughing::laughing: :thumbsup: married probably zero lol..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts