Electrician Talk banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
It only takes once!

When someone is hurt lawyers sue everybody possible.
Yes they splash a lot of civil suits around. That'd why I said successfully litigated. I agree with splatz that we don't need to hide behind some faux reason for disallowing weekend warriors. Just needing a professional forum is reason enough. But I think that, sometimes the diyers offer good content ( such as the OP on this thread) and restricting discussion on a worthwhile topic because of who initiated the discussion seems a bit churlish.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Nice work but .

The old rodents can't get to the wire trick . I worked on and built restaurants for 15+ years and A half inch pipe with 3 wires in it is a freeway for mice to get to the 4 square condo . You would be amazed at how many chicken bones I've pulled out of switch boxes . Rats are sneaky bastards too .

Im not putting you or the work done down . Just saying a chain is only as strong as its weakest link .

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,534 Posts
A half inch pipe with 3 wires in it is a freeway for mice to get to the 4 square condo . You would be amazed at how many chicken bones I've pulled out of switch boxes . Rats are sneaky bastards too .

Im not putting you or the work done down . Just saying a chain is only as strong as its weakest link .
So what I'm hearing is put conduit seals in, and use this stuff? If it's worth overdoing it's worth going WAY WAY overkill right?? LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Nice work but .

The old rodents can't get to the wire trick . I worked on and built restaurants for 15+ years and A half inch pipe with 3 wires in it is a freeway for mice to get to the 4 square condo . You would be amazed at how many chicken bones I've pulled out of switch boxes . Rats are sneaky bastards too .

so you’re saying I should use explosion proof fittings typically used in gas station electric? 😂
4 square condo...🤣

I’ll trust my cat to keep the rodent population in check

·
Registered
958 Posts

so you’re saying I should use explosion proof fittings typically used in gas station electric? 😂
4 square condo...🤣

4 square condo...🤣

I got a couple gallons of cement and fiber if you want it .

·
Hackenschmidt
11,156 Posts
wait wait wait
I see romex in the picture
did you pull romex in those pipes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
first pic has 12g rolls.
See earlier post. I was going to run UFb to 3 outlets where I couldn’t get conduit to the outlet from the basement. I since changed plans and have a plan to get conduit to those 3 boxes. Damn homeowner and his change orders. 😂

I have 7 colors of thhn. Black and red to designate phase. Purple for travelers. Pink for switch legs. White for neutral. Green for ground. And orange for fire alarm signal wire and “fan legs”. lol solid except for the purple. Purple and pink 12 solid was a pain to find.

I will need to bury some uf-b for things like exterior lights. Did I mention lime/sand/hair plaster is no fun?

·
Registered
Electrician
68 Posts
The more and more I see and read on this thread I’m starting to think the OP is very much in the trade and getting a good laugh out of this. Nice bends, EMT, insulated bushings, THHN, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The more and more I see and read on this thread I’m starting to think the OP is very much in the trade and getting a good laugh out of this. Nice bends, EMT, insulated bushings, THHN, etc.
I can promise you I’m not in the trade. I have spent an hour or more almost everyday for the past year lurking here and other electrician forums.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
For the chases, I’ve been using an angle grinder and masonry cutting disk.

I rented an arbortech brick saw to cut the brick for the outlet boxes. Surprisingly efficient and was able to cut 10 in an hour

41 - 60 of 65 Posts