Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
I don't know why anyone who wasn't union would want to wear a union tshirt, unless maybe they just tacitly support unions (?)

I will usually punch them in the gulliver and then ask them if they are ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence.
-- that works great for target practice. not so sure how well it works if the targets punch back.

Reactions: brian john

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
Just wondering how tall feel about non brothers or sisters wearing ibew local shirts. I'm from l.u 666 Richmond VA people either think that it's bs as in fake or want one. Thoughts any one?
You have to expect that the shirts local 666 produces would be a bit interesting to a particular market.
I don't see any malicious or disrespect intent unless the wearer was representing the self as a member trying to scab off of the sacrifices made by our brothers and sisters in Richmond.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,166 Posts
Having been involved in Unions from a young age and having lived in NJ for a long while, if I encounter someone in a Union local garment I ask if they are a member. If they say no then I tell them they need to pay the normal wage percentage of I may have to turn them into the collection agency. But for 50% of the usual fee i'll let them go for now.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,166 Posts
I have IBEW coats from when I was a member. Is wearing them the same as this?
Nope, you earned it.

I have various shirts, hoodies, jackets, and clothes from every place I've worked. The only person that tells me it's lame to wear them is the wife.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.