Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i did my apprenticeship at ibew 11,it was good while it lasted, i worked steady- only worked for two contractors. finally the economy went bad. every 1 knows once you become a j.w.,your job is on the line.theres hardly any work in l.a. as it is. there's maybey 700 guys on book 1(thats scary). sure enough , i got a lay off after my graduation.. went back to work after 4 months to a job that was almost done and nothing after. so i went and moved to vegas rather than work non union,what a crock of bull***,the union treats you like sh**t, and im a member!there's hardly any thing going ,no work, and i get an attitude from the rude office workers.the union is good when ther's work,but if not, its a sh*t hole. you have to keep paying due's and you cant afford it, my insurance ran out and so am i.they wont help in any way!they just say " go back home,and pay more dues". f**k that,i have a family to take care of , so ill be going non union for work. when you think of all the madness the union puts you through,its not what they say!!!get your money and run! I took advatage of all the certs. i could possibly get and added it to my resume thanks,helix and berg. will be hearing from me soon!!

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,797 Posts
First off, ease up on the language please. I know we all can slip a word in here and there but this is a bit much.

Second, we have more than enough pro/anti union threads. I understand you are venting but this thread has got bad written all over it already.
Maybe you can read a few threads and respond with how you feel before jumping right in with a first post like this.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.