Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am 19 and looking at a pre apprentice program at the electrical college of ontario and i was wondering if any one else has taken the program and what they thought?
i was also wondering if any one else has taken the ontario 1st level exemption exam and what your thoughts are on this and what the pass/fail rate was? thank you

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Hey motocross, welcome to the forums! You'll find a lot of helpful people here and a lot of characters too. :thumbup:

What bike do you ride? I have a 2000 YZ 250.

I cannot speak to programs you're about to attend as I am here in sunny So. Calif. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
i still have a 2004 rm 125 bought new in 2006 never ride any more though
Bummer dude..you need to get out and ride. :) I just turned 48 and I'm still at it. My goal is to start racing again by the end of the year.

Riding is a great stress relief and good exercise. Even my doctor told me I need to ride more to minimize my stress and risk of repeat blood clots.

How many times have you rebuilt your bike?

Haven't there been big improvements in bikes since 2000 that makes you want to upgrade.
So far, I've just replaced the suspension and swingarm bearings, upgraded the exhaust and new tires. I bought the bike used in July 2007.

The bikes evolution from about mid 90's to late 2000's has been pretty subtle, mainly suspension and engine changes, The biggest evolution is the change from 2-stroke to 4-stroke engines, the newest 4-strokes are fuel injected(!) and computerized. They are also horrendously expensive (around $9k!!) and take a whole different riding style. They also require a lot more intensive motor maintenance which is also a LOT more expensive than a 2-stroke.

By comparison, my 2000 YZ cost me $1,500 and I have spent about another $1k on upgrades. And since I am trying to get my riding skills back it is better that I start off on "familiar" bike style. (I used to have a 1990 YZ 125 and 1991 YZ 250). One thing I am not used to on my 2000 yet is the higher ride height.

The reason I had the '90 then the '91 was back then I was racing and had the mentality that I HAD to have the latest bike every season. Reality was that I was actually faster on my 125 than I was on my 250. And since I sold the 125 in '91, I ended up racing the '91 for three years.

Back on topic (well these welcome threads always seem to go off on wild tangents, check mine out here http://www.electriciantalk.com/f3/greetings-mxslick-17692/ for some real laughs), motocross, you'll learn a LOT here and get a lot of entertainment as well. Just be sure to have a thick skin 'cuz once this rabble gets to know you (and you make a post that is a hot topic) you'll get a ration of "advice." :laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts