Electrician Talk banner

Not Art…But Clean

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  MotoGP1199 
#1 ·
Working on a nice job where I am at the same place, and I really don’t have to answer to anyone. I can just work.

Customer bought the building and now converting it to a production facility. It will have a 2500A 277/480 service when we actually get the gear (April/May). Currently running off a temp 800A 277/480.

Asphalt Gas Wood Electrical wiring Facade

Circuit component Electricity Electrical wiring Electronic component Computer hardware

Electricity Computer hardware Gas Electrical wiring Circuit component

Gas Engineering Machine Auto part Electrical wiring

Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Computer hardware Electronic component

Electrical wiring Gas Machine Composite material Metal

See less See more
#12 ·
Not to be a nit picker, Where is the ground for the transformer? Steel, water, ground/ufer?
Where is the other LV set of conductors?
I have never been a fan of unfused conductors going very far. To many do over jobs after a fault.

You do nice work, professionalism shows.

#15 ·
Ya I caught the two feeds. I agree not what I would have done either.
72 circuits on a 200 amp panel. Ouch!
I always have taken all of the grounds to one place. Inside dry types.

Your lucky to work for someone who buys colored conductors. I never have, lots of phase tape for me.

Curiosity makes me ask, were the shipping bolts on the transformer tight?
I have gotten some Eaton dry types made in Juarez Mx that were,,,, finger tight at best.

Reactions: oldsparky52
#17 ·
Ya I caught the two feeds. I agree not what I would have done either.
72 circuits on a 200 amp panel. Ouch!
I always have taken all of the grounds to one place. Inside dry types.

Your lucky to work for someone who buys colored conductors. I never have, lots of phase tape for me.

Curiosity makes me ask, were the shipping bolts on the transformer tight?
I have gotten some Eaton dry types made in Juarez Mx that were,,,, finger tight at best.
The shipping brackets securing the core were tight and a PITA to remove. The bolts to the pallet were tight but the pallet was badly damaged as far as I remember.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.