Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Easy ! Surface mounted,overhead fed.

I have one I'm bidding, a residential multi unit, they want it flush mounted and fed underground !! The footing has to be jack hammered I guess, because it's a 3" conduit the poco wants !

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Easy ! Surface mounted,overhead fed.

I have one I'm bidding, a residential multi unit, they want it flush mounted and fed underground !! The footing has to be jack hammered I guess, because it's a 3" conduit the poco wants !
Needs, I think you mean:whistling2: Those 1/0s won't fit in just any pipe.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
What are you doing anyway? It's hot outside and you're supposed to be retired?:no: Hopefully, you were only there to take pictures!:thumbup:

Decided to use an Eaton panel instead of a Siemens?

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Siemans stopped using copper bus so eff them :laughing:

Also, the Siemans panel doors are a PITA and get bound up with the slightest tweek of the can and the Siemans distributor is too far away to get things quickly.

I was only there for a couple hours just to expedite. I have other guys that can do the work but it was always my job so I became the master :thumbup: I was home by 11:00

Well what happened to the 3/4" emt 'Guy Wires' 20/21?
We only need them occasionally for extra height. This one was normal @ +36" above the roof.

·
Wyome
757 Posts
Siemans stopped using copper bus so eff them :laughing:

Also, the Siemans panel doors are a PITA and get bound up with the slightest tweek of the can and the Siemans distributor is too far away to get things quickly.

I was only there for a couple hours just to expedite. I have other guys that can do the work but it was always my job so I became the master :thumbup: I was home by 11:00

We only need them occasionally for extra height. This one was normal @ +36" above the roof.
I agree about the Siemens doors. I've mentioned it to my supplier a couple of times and he says he has never heard of it before. I'm glad to know it is not just a bad dream. Maybe Siemens will see this and take a 2nd look at their product.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A house with an HVAC RTU?
Very common here. They are an eyesore but they are less expensive to install than a split system.

They don't really use them here in new construction anymore. The split system with a ground mounted condenser became the standard in the late 80's-90's and they started putting the air handlers in the attic space, which makes it a real pleasure to service in the summer :jester:

I agree about the Siemens doors. I've mentioned it to my supplier a couple of times and he says he has never heard of it before. I'm glad to know it is not just a bad dream. Maybe Siemens will see this and take a 2nd look at their product.
Even with a perfect installation, the customers cant figure it out and end up tweeking it. I had one tight one where the construction crews jacked it up after tripping a breaker and it took me an hour of bending and banging just to get it close to working properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.