Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from a landlord. Her tenant lost power to part of the home. They were very concerned because they have a child with special needs. I explain the after hour price and she agrees. She said she had a maintenance man that could come tomorrow, but the tenant was afraid of what could be wrong.

Knock on the door, and the wife says, "Nothing works!!!" The husband, says, "Yeah, I reset all the breakers and we still have no power. We have no power in the kitchen or the living rooms or any of the bedrooms." So, we go to the breaker box. Every single pole breaker is tripped. So, we reset them all. They all hold. Then I tell the tenant to check everything and make sure all is ok. He takes this lamp and starts plugging it. It never comes on, but lights start going off.

After we tell him his lamp is causing the breakers to trip, he still won't believe us. After we reset his breakers again, then he takes his coffee pot and tries to show us again. Of course, his power was ok.

I just thought it was funny that his tripped every single pole breaker with his defective $5 lamp.

The landlord was mad when I called her to collect payment. And she doesn't know he tripped all the breakers. I just told her we got it fixed.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I got a call from a landlord. Her tenant lost power to part of the home. They were very concerned because they have a child with special needs. I explain the after hour price and she agrees. She said she had a maintenance man that could come tomorrow, but the tenant was afraid of what could be wrong.

Knock on the door, and the wife says, "Nothing works!!!" The husband, says, "Yeah, I reset all the breakers and we still have no power. We have no power in the kitchen or the living rooms or any of the bedrooms." So, we go to the breaker box. Every single pole breaker is tripped. So, we reset them all. They all hold. Then I tell the tenant to check everything and make sure all is ok. He takes this lamp and starts plugging it. It never comes on, but lights start going off.

After we tell him his lamp is causing the breakers to trip, he still won't believe us. After we reset his breakers again, then he takes his coffee pot and tries to show us again. Of course, his power was ok.

I just thought it was funny that his tripped every single pole breaker with his defective $5 lamp.

The landlord was mad when I called her to collect payment. And she doesn't know he tripped all the breakers. I just told her we got it fixed.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Awesome !.....:laughing::laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.