Electrician Talk banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Petulant Amateur
24,236 Posts
wow again, thats about $50 worth of cable here. is canada dollar dropping that much?
Actually, come to think of it, for a 75M roll, we pay about the same as you. A 150M roll costs about a hundred bucks.

But the Canadian dollar IS dropping. Your currency is very strong right now.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
folded up? like they mashed the whole roll? bet that was fun!

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
So why does the stop work notice say need proper permit?
Depends on how Des Moines works . On my turf i've been thrown out the door, electrical permit IN HAND, because the GC/Owner did not obtain the proper overall building permits.....~CS~

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
Depends on how Des Moines works . On my turf i've been thrown out the door, electrical permit IN HAND, because the GC/Owner did not obtain the proper overall building permits.....~CS~
AFAIK, in Ohio, if the EC pulls the permit it is not the EC's permit. It belongs to the property owner. The owner could throw the permit pulling EC off of the job and another come in and finish the work under the issued permit.

It's kinda screwy in my opinion.

Pete

·
Registered
867 Posts
Maybe the EC bailed for a reason. Possibly a non paying customer.

That box may have been trimmed out by the homeowner or GC for whatever reason after the EC bailed.

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
So, can we take it you're visiting Des Moines county jial for as-builts 480?

~C:jester:S~
Lol. You wouldn't know this but Des Moines county is no where near the city of Des Moines. I dont know about the city but I don't think they throw people in jail for permits.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just looking at that picture of the sink, I could believe that;
The cabinet guy messed up, The counter guy completed his mess up, And the carpenter who installed the window messed up.

The electrical work around the window is fine. LOL

The other outlet makes me believe that the electrician was being buried by the sheetrocker and just stuffed the wire in there. Then later the HO installed the outlet, did it incorrectly hence the burn marks? on the wire, and the EC got angry and dumped the whole job.

Oh, and the EC was probably the only one on the job who actually bothered to pull a permit.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts