Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

Did a quick review on my new NWS Cable Cutters, they are extremely awesome a beef cables, but delicate enough to cut my Cuban Cigars (sorry to the Americans who can not enjoy them - easily). They make awesome cuts with no distortion, I hugely prefer them over side cutters, linesman for cable shearing, though slightly on the expensive side are well worth it.

Here is the link to the video:

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
nick.sek said:
Hey everybody, Did a quick review on my new NWS Cable Cutters, they are extremely awesome a beef cables, but delicate enough to cut my Cuban Cigars (sorry to the Americans who can not enjoy them - easily). They make awesome cuts with no distortion, I hugely prefer them over side cutters, linesman for cable shearing, though slightly on the expensive side are well worth it. Here is the link to the video: Enjoy <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCRjcgdiqBw">YouTube Link</a>
Trust me. We can get Cubans to. I got about a hundred

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me. We can get Cubans to. I got about a hundred
This makes me a happy man! They are worth ending the embargo.

I pick them up when I head out that way - I usually manage at least once a year, but it seems like someone is always heading down there - you can almost pay for your trip by doing that.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
nick.sek said:
This makes me a happy man! They are worth ending the embargo. I pick them up when I head out that way - I usually manage at least once a year, but it seems like someone is always heading down there - you can almost pay for your trip by doing that.
I get them when I go scuba diving in the Caribbean's

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hello Nick, I ordered a pair of these cable cutters from your recommended seller Chadstools.. from Anchorage,Alaska. My suggestion is if Chads want compete with other supply houses,try shipping from the mainland USA. A lot of mainland Chinese sellers on Ebay have warehouses in the U.S. to speed-up shipping.It pays to be a little more candid if you would like gain our trust,minimize the grey areas! The only way I would purchase from Chads in the future,would be overnight shipping at their expense.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Nick, I ordered a pair of these cable cutters from your recommended seller Chadstools.. from Anchorage,Alaska. My suggestion is if Chads want compete with other supply houses,try shipping from the mainland USA. A lot of mainland Chinese sellers on Ebay have warehouses in the U.S. to speed-up shipping.It pays to be a little more candid if you would like gain our trust,minimize the grey areas! The only way I would purchase from Chads in the future,would be overnight shipping at their expense.
I got no preference to any sellers, when I typed it up in google first one that came up for me. Sorry about giving you a mediocre seller. Thanks for posting this :thumbsup:

hoepfully no one else is led astray

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hey nick, you should compare these to the Klein cable cutters. I have them and they are junk! I'm ordering these NWS ones next week

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey nick, you should compare these to the Klein cable cutters. I have them and they are junk! I'm ordering these NWS ones next week
Klein isn't a huge fan of me, I do not think they would be me any more stuff after the Knipex Vs, Klein issue... In due time I will, the next thing I want to do is endurance test with Klein Linesman, dropping them dragging them down the highway ect...

Any ideas?:thumbup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Received Cable Cutters from Chads toolbox today 1:00PM EST. Took five days,not bad. In all fairness to Chad and everybody in Wasilla,Alaska my apologies. I guess the postal service works pretty well out there also. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from in the future.

The Spunkster

·
Sideways Sparky
1,512 Posts
Klein isn't a huge fan of me, I do not think they would be me any more stuff after the Knipex Vs, Klein issue... In due time I will, the next thing I want to do is endurance test with Klein Linesman, dropping them dragging them down the highway ect...

Any ideas?:thumbup:
Use them?

Mine last about two or three years if I don't burn or lose them, and they are abused.
I use them as a hammer and cut self tapping screws and acsr. Use them in the rain and drop them in the snow.

Klein - Our screwdrivers suck, but we still make a good linesman.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Use them?

Mine last about two or three years if I don't burn or lose them, and they are abused.
I use them as a hammer and cut self tapping screws and acsr. Use them in the rain and drop them in the snow.

Klein - Our screwdrivers suck, but we still make a good linesman.
When I say Klein is not a huge fan of me, I mean literally, they sent me sample to do a comparison review, and they basically lost 90% of the competition. Being a youtube host, I get free products. klein won't send me anything soon lol, burned a bridge there

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey Nik. I received the cable cutters,works great on #2 aluminum.Great info! Does anybody make something similar for #4/0 aluminum or bigger?

Spunky

1 - 17 of 17 Posts