Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! I live in NYC and ive been doing electrical for 6 years but never under the direct supervision of a master electrician. Does this mean that none of those years count towards the 7.5 years that i need to be licensed? Ive also seen on the DOB website that if you've graduated/taken classes at a vocational school, industrial, or trade school that the time can be credited towards your work hours but it no longer lists the words "under the direct supervision of a master electrician". so i was just wondering if i were to graduate/take classes at a school would that make my current 6 years of work valid for work history?

I was also wondering how would i go about proving my work history? Must i track down the owner(s) of every company ive worked for and make them sign documents? can my work history be verified through my SSN? I worked through a recruiting agency for maybe 9 months and i dont even think they are in business anymore.

Any help advice or information abt the process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts