Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a 120v receptacle and going to floor flange mount the box, in is next to a air tank for condensate drain, and I want to put another support on it. Does it say anywhere how a support must be mounted ( a mini ). I know the picture has the wrong size mini need a 0, but can I use neo magnets to mount it? I cant drill or weld on tank. It takes allot of force to remove it.

Reactions: HARRY305E

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
I am running a 120v receptacle and going to floor flange mount the box, in is next to a air tank for condensate drain, and I want to put another support on it. Does it say anywhere how a support must be mounted ( a mini ). I know the picture has the wrong size mini need a 0, but can I use neo magnets to mount it? I cant drill or weld on tank. It takes allot of force to remove it.
Not listed or recognized as support technically. Might not be an issue though real world.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Don't forget the nut and bolt.........:jester::laughing::laughing:

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
Sounds like lunch.

You could use RMC with a floor flange from floor to ceiling, then bolt 2 minnies together and use them to support your conduit if you want to make it slightly less obtrusive. If you have to cut it, put the non threaded end down & use fitting. of course you can thread it too.

·
332 Posts
Thanks for the magnet links fellas. Me and my huntin buddies have been looking for those magnets to put in a metal duck blind to keep shotguns from sliding over. We saw them in a blind once, and have been looking for them ever since.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I said it was off the wall thinking but it turns out they make them. And they are rated for pipe. This pipe crosses from a machine to tank only 8ft of pipe total. It is 25 feet to ceiling, with other stuff above unistrut to ceiling is not an option

http://www.howcleanisyouroil.com/-Pipe-Clamps-Cable-Clamps

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Careful the magnets could effect your pacemaker.....
Though it would be fun to walk by some jack hole and wave them near their wallet or purse...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts