Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
the cord could have been strapped but in their defense a lot of the new LED flood lights come with a cord attached and have to be installed in a jbox

no way to hardwire them directly

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really don't see the problem. I should join Hacks Anonymous. The first step is admitting it.

He should have mounted the box with the KO at the bottom, instead of at 4 O'clock like that, and he did not need the tie-rap on the SO cord.

·
Estwing magic
26,775 Posts
He should have mounted the box with the KO at the bottom, instead of at 4 O'clock like that, and he did not need the tie-rap on the SO cord.
Glad you're not an inspector, Harry. You would fail a guy for putting his cover plates on upside down :( .

·
Estwing magic
26,775 Posts
Hi, my name is Hack Sh!tmeister and I have a problem. I missed a strap on some EMT this week. My problem started when I was a child and got bit by the neighbor's dog. Then I got into petty theft, stealing cars and dealing dope. Then I started random drive by shootings, became a serial killer and murdered thirty seven people. Now I am missing straps on EMT. Please help me.

·
Registered
431 Posts
that was probably a retrofit, from an existing light. so the box was probably already mounted like that, and the installer couldnt have moved it without leaving a hole in the wall. should have made some effort on the whip though!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts