Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some sort of ncv, parabolic gaussmeter, flir, or other device to aim at electrical boxes in far away and hard to physically access areas to see if electric is on?? Dont need exact voltage just if on or off. Would have cone in handy today.

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Is there some sort of ncv, parabolic gaussmeter, flir, or other device to aim at electrical boxes in far away and hard to physically access areas to see if electric is on?? Dont need exact voltage just if on or off. Would have cone in handy today.
It's called a ladder and an apprentice.:thumbup:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
Stand barefoot on a concrete pad. Soak feet with salt water. Take a copper wire long enough to reach box. Move wire around as much as possible to try to make contact with energized parts.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
480sparky said:
Stand barefoot on a concrete pad. Soak feet with salt water. Take a copper wire long enough to reach box. Move wire around as much as possible to try to make contact with energized parts.
Hows that gonna work if conductors are inside? Im thinking more of a parabolic adjustable non contact tester?

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,497 Posts
Cletis said:
Yes, we are testing it now.

How did you find out about it? Your in big trouble from the NSA if you've been tapping phones and reading ET threads.

btw: this secret sensor we are testing only costed about $1,000,000 each. HF will soon carry it for under a buck.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
Hows that gonna work if conductors are inside? Im thinking more of a parabolic adjustable non contact tester?

Use a pole-mounted chain saw. But make sure the pole is aluminum or steel.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Cletis

On a scale of 1-10 one being not at all and 10 being it is me, how much do you resemble your avatar picture?

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.