Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that owns a 7-11. Did him a favor, just wondering if it could get knocked down by FM or contract electrician.

I used a 3 way switch as a transfer switch to control 1 circuit for lighting. Out of the 1900 box housing that switch I dropped a pigtail with a 15 amp cord plug.

They have a small genny powerful enough to run coffee machine and a few lights.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Done this for boiler and a few other items for customers. It looks scary but if you understand electric it's ok.

You probably should use a double pole double throw to disconnect the neutral as well.

Not sure if having neutrals tied to getter creates a issue or is safer.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You from Southampton luke?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
If this equipment is located in the store doesn't it have to be on a GFCI?

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the equipment has no gfci protection, I made a custom 10/4 SO cord with matching L14_30 ends for coffee machine to directly connect it to generator.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. I am from Southampton. Do I know you?
No but I bid against you a few years back thru olympia construction. You were the customers EC.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hellas

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Southampton, greek contractor, hellas trim. Job had new kitchen and attic was getting finished. 2nd fl needed rewiring and hihats added.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok got it. I didn't steal that job from you. The customer is a close friend who I would trust my life with. My number was something like $20k higher than your. You could have offered to do that job for free and pay for the material out of pocket and still not gotten job. No matter whatever Sammy and what's his name told you...

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never said you stole it, lol. Sam warned me about your relationship with the HO. It's no problem, win some, lose some. In fact I saw your box truck on 27 a month back while out at the reservation for a lighting job. I generally work mid and western Suffolk were there is no money.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shock, you're crazy dude. How's life been?
I shaved my head last week....my girl flipped out because I wanted to shave my eyebrows too.
Its been slow, waiting on a nice remod to break. Sitting around playing handyman for the landlady and doing some worthless jobs in between.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Speaking of "on the cheap", we could really use a cheap tactics & strategies thread tonite. It is Friday night after all, and nothing says Friday night like talking about cutting your competitors throat for $135 and skating away from workmans comp. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I thought all 7-11's switched to LED lighting? Should be able to light the whole store and the sign as well as the coffee machine no? What about the POS equipment?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I shaved my head last week....my girl flipped out because I wanted to shave my eyebrows too.
Its been slow, waiting on a nice remod to break. Sitting around playing handyman for the landlady and doing some worthless jobs in between.
What happened to that high end builder that you saved the day for? End up getting that job or what?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.