Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....timeless
And they accept 12 wire backstabbing. Im putting them in my LR, I like old school brown and white metal.
Look nec. No TR and afci.

Reactions: 360max

·
Registered
245 Posts
At least they are polarized! :)
I love this stuff.. I'd occasionally see 1930's pushbutton light switches "new in the box" on eBay, and I want to buy one or two, but the prices are usually off the chart.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bakelite!
When working on old wiring, if I ever replace old wirenuts, I never throw them away... feels almost sacrilegious.
Wasn't too long ago I cleaned the sh out of old Eagle bakelite wirenuts for pennies on the dollar.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They really do. Ettcoflex was some good stuff as well as phelps dodge romex.
Lest not forget Circle, Cirtex and Cerro. I always liked the red writting on Ettco.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I love little mom-n-pop hardware stores exactly for that reason. I've seen FPE Stablocks that must've been sitting on the shelf for the last 20 years.
And no extra charge for caked dust either. :laughing:

There was one here in an ancient building that closed up not too long ago.:( The gaps in the slatted floor were so wide that you could easily see into the basement when the lights were on down there. High heels? :no:

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
...There was one here in an ancient building that closed up not too long ago.:( The gaps in the slatted floor were so wide that you could easily see into the basement when the lights were on down there. High heels? :no:
There was a place like that in Massachusetts. Six floors of everything you could imagine. You could walk in off the street and buy everything from blocks-and-tackle to stainless all-thread. It was awesome.

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
MTW said:
Now all you need is some Ettcoflex, Challenger brown boxes, and bakelite wire nuts. :laughing:
Damn I can remember installing the challenger brown boxes

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Doc, good use of old English, by the way. :laughing:
Must have something to do with driving an English car, I adopted the word ,bloody as well.lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts