Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm currently an apprentice in Ontario whose ready to write their C of Q. Yesterday I went to the apprentice office to apply to write my exam, and was told I could not because I had recently transferred my apprenticeship over to my current company in Febuary, however the MTCU/ college of trades has yet to complete this transfer after two months of my application being put in. What's frustrating is that my "Training Consultant" is unable to tell me what the status of my application is and won't answer phone calls or emails. This use to be a simple process before the college of trades. I'm frustrated with this college of trades crap, it seems we pay for this membership yearly and it provides no help to us electricians. So now I feel that I'm in limbo until the college of trades completes my application. Any ideas what I can do to deal with these people anyone? Feel free to express your frustrations too.

·
Safety Pin Member
2,255 Posts
No useful input. Just going to agree that the college of trades is
unnecessary bureaucratic %#^&^%.
No Value. Just cost.
P&L

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,759 Posts
My daughter went through that bs a few years back.
She called and called, 2-3 times a day.
She'd call the main number, ask for other people.
Called the receptionist regularly.

She basically let them know that if her Training Consultant didn't call back, she was going to make life hell for them.

I agree with you ... Total BS , useless dept .... at our expense.

She ended up getting her call back finally .... Give it a shot !

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
I don't believe i've read a kind Canadian word about them here yet.....:no:~CS~:no:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you close to Toronto to go into the OCOT office?

My local MTCU office is pretty useless when I call so I started calling offices closer to the city. finally was able to get some information about school.
Just had to find the right person that was willing to put forth some effort to help.

·
Safety Pin Member
2,255 Posts
I don't believe i've read a kind Canadian word about them here yet.....:no:~CS~:no:

I haven't personally had any negative interactions with them.
No interactions at all in fact, other than receiving an annual invoice
from them. Before they were created, just a couple years ago,
my electrical license was renewed every 3 years for $60. Now it's
renewed annually for $120. Six times the cost with no benefit to
the payer. Inefficient bureaucracy. Is this justification to participate
in the underground economy?
P&L

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup they seem to be great at collecting money. I'll try calling the Ontario college of trades directly next and see if they can do anything. Maybe I'll be lucky enough someone that can actually help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts