Electrician Talk banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
4,222 Posts
I can't see myself ever using one except in a situation like this. I use the plastic flex all the time and the last thing I'd want is one of those somewhere making the sticky insides more difficult to push wire through. I can't him fixing his problem any other way though. Beyond skill with tools and installation, knowing what's out there for product can be a lifesaver.

I've only seen those as standalone items, never in a roll. I only buy short pieces or the shrink wrap rolls of 25 feet or so.

Last job we used hundred of feet of that stuff a year between disconnects and motors so i always carried a little squirt bottle of lube in the tool bag. The black spiral liquid tight was even worse then the grey for being sticky.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Let's stop bullshipping each other here gentlemen... the concrete guys did NOT "accidentally" destroy that. Not the first time a worker just got tired of the annoying bullship and just hack away at whatever was conveniently destroyable.

Hey... I'm only human... of flesh and blood, I'm made...
So odd that the concrete contractor called and paid for the change order after doing it…

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
So odd that the concrete contractor called and paid for the change order after doing it…
I'm not saying he didn't do it... I'm saying it was NOT an ACCIDENT.

Reactions: Majewski

·
Registered
Retired EC and Fuel distribution contractor
3,238 Posts
Can’t seem to find anyone providing other information yet so…
I was trying to think harder about this and maybe you are correct, maybe I didn't see this particular fitting. I did however see the flex spliced in the reel. As I try to remember better, I'm thinking it was a plastic insert to line up the two ends and it was glued together... I think. Over 10 years ago and other stuff has crowded out that memory as it wasn't that significant.

Reactions: Majewski

·
Registered
Controls Technician
23 Posts
In an outdoor circumstance such as this, I'd see merit to coating each end of the union in some RTV. Nonetheless, smart and efficient fix if you ask me. (y)(y)

·
Registered
Wireless Telecom.
30 Posts
If you’ve ever bought a huge reel of that stuff I bet you’ve found one of these in it.

I always thought about saving them until I had enough to make all the remnants long enough to return to Home Depot as one piece!
I have found several of them over the years in 100 Ft coils of 3/4" that I have picked up from supply house.Most of the time it was only to couple about 20 Ft or so that was short on the master spool I'm guessing.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts