Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ya, my fault. I took my partners word for it. "Ya I checked it" They look worse than they are , mostly smoke. I should be able to get another day or two out of them yet at this rate!
Big J , what cloud is chasing you around .
Fill us in , it's good for the soul ..

·
Bandwidth Conservator
842 Posts
Thats why unless i am 100 percent sure it is dead, i dont cut two wires at once. That way you wont turn your ***** into wire strippers!

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk
You don't need to cut two wires to have this happen. Just touch the edge of the 1900 with backside of tool while cutting. Been there, done that.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,582 Posts
FrunkSlammer said:
I can't believe the Anti-Live-Work agenda haven't shown up here yet preaching that you shouldn't have cut that live cable accidentally without PPE on.
He's alive. Isn't that proof enough that all safety procedures were followed to the T?

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
What happened?
Example: Had a quick plant shutdown that should've been 4 hours start to finish. Rolled through the testing no problem, went to turn the plant back on:

• Interlock system on the utility knife switches failed, couldn't get them to operate. Sorted through a mountain of prints to figure out the ones I needed weren't there, of course. After I fixed that...
  • Nitrogen pressure switch on the main transformer decided to puke oil onto a cabinet heater (bonus points for causing small fires in front of the customer). After I fixed that...
  • Main yard breaker wouldn't close, and still no prints. Turned out the Kirk-Key assembly was busted, but just to be extra confusing, worked fine when it was disconnected and sitting in your hand. After I fixed that...
  • Just for kicks, the POCO owned tie-breaker 2 miles away also decided to die. Meaning I still couldn't leave the site until they managed to re-energize successfully and I could be sure there were no more problems.
I had a 17 hour day and my reward was dinner from a gas station at 11:30 that night.

Almost every job has been going like this for weeks. I'm seriously gonna start collecting good luck charms.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Some days, it seems like everything I touch turns to crap. You know what? I'll accept that. Makes up for all the easy days I forget about. All in all, things tend to average out in favor of good.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Midnight last night POCO feed to the plant single phases, not good. Lots of large CNC machining centers, robots, zinc plating lines, VFD's, etc. Total havoc, CNC tools stuck in parts and broken, hydrochloric acid vapors fill building causing evacuation......
Power restored at 3:45am, crews suit up to enter and start exhaust fans, 1 1/2 hours to clear vapors.
Begin startup of equipment, lots of tripped breakers, robots can't find home positions, yada yada..... 2 120V linear servo drives fried, found a replacement one from storeroom repaired in 2004, found another of the same vintage on a piece if scrapped equipment. Turned it over to the day shift about 7:30am. Engineers were still searching for software to program those drives when we left.... Glad I am off today!

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Any body else screw up this week?
Damn HMA.......not only did you blow up your *****, but when you posted a thread about blowing up your *****, you spelled the title of the thread wrong.:jester:

Its OOPS....not OPPS.:laughing:

Geez dude.............you should have stayed in bed yesterday morning.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.