Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· felonious smile.
15,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Riccardo was his name, electric was is game. I wired a bathroom at this location today leading me to install a new 20 amp ckt for the GFCI receptacle, while in the panel I couldn't help noticing a few things amiss . Customer has agreed to pay additional fees to have violations found rectified upon my return for the final of the bathroom. I counted 3 or 4 not looking at the pic as I write, how many do you count?

Attachments

· Administrator
Retired EC
24,989 Posts
The neutral is tapped blue instead of white. It appears there is a ferrous nipple between the meter and panel and it doesn't have a bonding bushing and in fact has no bushing at all.

White wires under breaker not taped

Looks like 2 neutrals under one lug

No connectors for the Nm cable or so it seems

Not sure what the white wire on top left breaker is doing but it appears to be a 240V circuit and thus has no tie to the other pole

I got tired of looking

· Registered
1,813 Posts
sometimes opening a panel is like opening a box of cracker jacks
you never know what kind of surprises you find:laughing:

· Electrical Contractor
6,096 Posts
Not sure what the white wire on top left breaker is doing but it appears to be a 240V circuit and thus has no tie to the other pole
Can't be 240 as that tandem 20 is on the same phase. Same thing for the 15 amp on the right side.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.