Electrician Talk banner

Osha=Construction or General Certification?

949 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Silb 
#1 ·
Hi.

I am about to register to the OSHA online class on August 8th 2019. I am assuming I should take the 30 hour Construction coarse in order to become an Apprentice Electrician. Before I pay the online fee, I just want to confirm it is indeed the Construction coarse required or the General Industry.

Cheers!

#5 ·
WTF is a "pre-apprentice"? You is, or you ain't, you don't get a running start. The NJATC offers either OSHA 10, or OSHA 30. And it's not required for an apprenticeship. Study the NEC instead, OSHA regs are probably part of the curriculum.

#6 ·
Look OSHA 10 is so that the dirt diggers can say they are certified ditch diggers. It’s the same boring crap everybody passes off as training. It’s look before you cross the road stuff. I’ve probably done it a half dozen times a year because everybody lumps their site specific into it. OSHA 30 is so that the ditch digger foremen can manage to fill out the recordable injury paperwork right every time a ditch digger gets knocked out with a shovel handle. All you will learn about electrical is lock it out and hope for the best, and if anything doesn’t work call an electrician. I’m not making this up. It’s a huge waste of time for anyone except a temp laborer and then it’s way over their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.