Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think Our electrically-charge bodies can give up electrical shock or electrical impulses to the cars' starters via some kind of semiconductors cross talking between human bodies and the cars. and cars remain going as long as we are in-board, not just for cranking but somehow, we have to increase/boost our electrical fuel to the cars' ideal level. of course all safety measurment have to be taken....... like avoiding back feed of altered current...back to us?????

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Do you think Our electrically-charge bodies can give up electrical shock or electrical impulses to the cars' starters via some kind of semiconductors cross talking between human bodies and the cars. and cars remain going as long as we are in-board, not just for cranking but somehow, we have to increase/boost our electrical fuel to the cars' ideal level. of course all safety measurment have to be taken....... like avoiding back feed of altered current...back to us?????

The electrical field or charges of our bodies are quite weak !
Whilst the scheme could be made to work with the current level of electronics technology,
I think there would be great resistance to any such scheme.
imagine the security implications alone ?
The government would love it thou !

·
Slave to the grind
623 Posts
Do you think Our electrically-charge bodies can give up electrical shock or electrical impulses to the cars' starters via some kind of semiconductors cross talking between human bodies and the cars.
Totally possible. Just the other day, I drank 2 cups of coffee and an energy drink, put on some socks, shuffled my feet across the carpet, petted my cat and, was able to nearly fully charge a Toyota Prius.
Perhaps all my years in the trade, getting shocked from time to time, has caused my body to develop some sort of capacitance. I'm fairly certain, a non-electrical person could not duplicate my feat.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Energy derived from a system must be less than energy input into said system.

Our bodies are extremely inefficient. Our efficency varies but I would estimate our ability to produce electrical charge from ingesting gasoline to be in the .0000001% range. Your car can produce acceleration from the rapid oxidation of gasoline in the range of 30%.

So when we crunch the numbers we can see you could power your car by ingesting only the small amount of 1.4 million gallons of gasoline per mile.

Give it a try (Disclaimer: Ingesting 1.4 million gallons of gasoline may result in catastrophic death.)

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Energy derived from a system must be less than energy input into said system.

Our bodies are extremely inefficient. Our efficency varies but I would estimate our ability to produce electrical charge from ingesting gasoline to be in the .0000001% range. Your car can produce acceleration from the rapid oxidation of gasoline in the range of 30%.

So when we crunch the numbers we can see you could power your car by ingesting only the small amount of 1.4 million gallons of gasoline per mile.

Give it a try (Disclaimer: Ingesting 1.4 million gallons of gasoline may result in catastrophic death.)
I don't thing the OP is ingesting any sort of fossil fuel. Maybe someone slipped something in his tofu.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Totally possible. Just the other day, I drank 2 cups of coffee and an energy drink, put on some socks, shuffled my feet across the carpet, petted my cat and, was able to nearly fully charge a Toyota Prius.
Perhaps all my years in the trade, getting shocked from time to time, has caused my body to develop some sort of capacitance. I'm fairly certain, a non-electrical person could not duplicate my feat.
I am still laughing
From 6.00 am

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Sorting through what must be ESL, I THINK maybe you are asking if there is a way to SENSE the presence of a human body, electrically, so as to interlock the ignition system of a car in a way that it it only operate if a human is inside, is that right?

If so, for what purpose? Cars driving away on their own is not (yet) a big problem that I am aware of. But if that is the question, then yes, it is already possible. You would need to have two separate points of bare skin in contact with electrodes at all times, which could be problematic for hands that need to do other things. So in theory, you would probably need to have electrodes on the seat, and pull your pants down before getting in the car.

It will make it much more fun to drive around in a high ground clearance truck, I'll give you that!

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Every living organism has some level of bioelectric charge Tamas, but i wouldn't suggest that it could be coupled to , or somehow energize a motor vehicle.

It's enough that the green machine wants us to plug into mother nature, leave us out of it please

~CS~

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Every living organism has some level of bioelectric charge Tamas, but i wouldn't suggest that it could be coupled to , or somehow energize a motor vehicle.

It's enough that the green machine wants us to plug into mother nature, leave us out of it please

~CS~
That's what you said about Internet-I phones 100 years ago , my friend

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.