Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Small Potatoes
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need three or four LV path lights for this walkway. Any suggestions on manufacturers and a style? Website? I already checked out Lowes.

IMG_4482.jpg

·
Registered
529 Posts
Check the 2 manufacturers on the Platt pic. They have hundreds to choose from.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Modérateur
8,692 Posts
There is couple from Homedepot store which they do sell in LV verison but I rather suggest that make sure you get one with LED due they last much longer and they use far less power than conventinal LV bulbs can go.

I cant really comment on the price at the moment due there is some variation of pricing of it.

There is so many different style of LV lights to use but seem mini bollard is kinda common so that is one option you can use depending on how high you mount it up.

if you want to light up pathway pretty decent you may need to find a good light pattern that you can mount about half meter up ( about 18 inches ) to get good light spread.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,353 Posts
How much do you want to spend? Hunza is far and above the best landscape lights I've ever installed, but by the time you import them from New Zealand it gets a little pricey...

http://www.hunzalighting.com/
Flyboy just bought New Zealand because he heard they have good lights....

I am personally a huge fan of Focus:http://www.focusindustries.com

Damn good products.. You pay for it, but they are worth it.

Reactions: flyboy

·
Can't Remember
10,139 Posts
When I work in them, I use brass set screw terminals with heat shrink. Specifically made for landscape lighting. Most of the splices that come with the cheaper lighting are crappy. I have the Kichler catalog, though I haven't worked with their stuff yet. Like to get a few for the front of my new place too. The solar ones are crappy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts