Electrician Talk banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
cool cat
282 Posts
Wrangler fleeced lined jeans no long underwear required ,if its 10 below or colder carhart bibs in addition to the fleece lined jeans.
I have not found the perfect glove yet for working in the trade but usually the roughins I can wear gloves other than stapling romex,using wirenuts , romex connectors.So Im forever putting gloves on and taking them off.equals loosing them often.
Upper body: layer t shirt , long sleeved tshirt , hoody sweatshirt and a well "worn in" carhart jacket. car hart stocking cap for the ears and head.
Steel toed insulated , waterproof leather workboots red wing has some good insulated boots although you only get about a year out of them anymore.
I can be comfortable in below zero weather in northern Minnesota with this combination.

·
cool cat
282 Posts
yes wool socks when its 10 below or colder ,even with thin cotton socks the steel toe doesnt bother me must be the insulation.I used to wear the Ice KIngs for the first few years but the boots were too bulky and made my feet sweat(made em colder)socks slipped down with those boots , had to tape em so they wouldnt slip down.Maybe Ive gotten used to the cold for the last 25 years. The well insulated steel toe works for me.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts