Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a first year apprentice and wanted to run something by someone with some more experience. I'd ask my journeyman but it's the weekend.
My uncle asked me if I could extend the light fixture ten feet up with a new motion sensor light.

Its located out front of the apartment complex my family owns.
Should I attach a junction box at the current fixture and run pipe 10' up? What type of box would I need at the end of the pipe to be able to attach the new light fixture. Or is there a simplified way of doing this?

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
I'm a first year apprentice and wanted to run something by someone with some more experience. I'd ask my journeyman but it's the weekend.
My uncle asked me if I could extend the light fixture ten feet up with a new motion sensor light.

Its located out front of the apartment complex my family owns.
Should I attach a junction box at the current fixture and run pipe 10' up? What type of box would I need at the end of the pipe to be able to attach the new light fixture. Or is there a simplified way of doing this?
Pipe and a bell box..:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.