Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sunday feels right for a quick gripe.

I don't mind a barking dog. What I do mind is when the owner gives token resistance to the barking.

Dog: *Bark*
Owner: "Sammy. Stop."
Dog: *Bark Bark*
Owner: "Sammy"
Dog: *Bark Bark Bark*
Owner: *Sammy, no*

I just don't get it. You're not stopping your dog from barking at me. You're just adding to the noise. Now I've got two sources of white noise to block out - the dog and you.

How's this for a novel idea: If you know a stranger is due to stop by and rummage around your house, and you have no way of controlling your dog, maybe put it away. Just throwing that crazy idea out there.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,430 Posts
I got attacked by a customers dog about two months ago. It was a rural property that "Rehabs" special dogs.....One got away from the owner when I popped out of the van.

It was a very large German Shepherd. She ran over and bit me right at my pocket on the jeans, didn't break the skin but it hurt. I had a huge bruise for about a week, then all was well. Naturally....They were profusely apologetic.

If you can't handle barking dogs, someone looking over your shoulder, constant what and why questions, stepping around trash and furniture, crawling through attics and crawl spaces full of crap, and kids that are worse than all of that......Service is the wrong gig to get into.:laughing::laughing:

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Sunday feels right for a quick gripe.

I don't mind a barking dog. What I do mind is when the owner gives token resistance to the barking.

Owner: "Sammy. Stop."
Dog: *Bark Bark*
Owner: "Sammy"
Dog: *Bark Bark Bark*
Owner: *Sammy, no*

I just don't get it. You're not stopping your dog from barking at me. You're just adding to the noise. Now I've got two sources of white noise to block out - the dog and you.

How's this for a novel idea: If you know a stranger is due to stop by and rummage around your house, and you have no way of controlling your dog, maybe put it away. Just throwing that crazy idea out there.
There should be a permit or license to own a dog. Like a carry permit or drivers license.

Most people should not be allowed to own dogs. But I'm critical to the fact because I'm super strict with my dogs. My wife shouldn't be allowed to have dogs, or her entire family. Or about 3/4 of the dog owners in my neighborhood.

Like the fat guy that walks three chihuahuas around that never stop yipping. Or the two different old broads that walk their like dogs with out bags and pretend to not see them chit.:censored:

...thanks, Im done now :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I like dogs, but you never know about someone else's dog. I give the customer 2 choices.1-lock up your dog (or cat). 2- I will move on to my next job.

I have been bitten a number of times. The last time required 4 trips to the Workmans Comp doctor for shots an examination.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.