Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have long wondered if this would simplify things. Indiana has no state license. Every municipality can choose to have their own. Some accept the same test. Some have their own. Of course, they all require their own fees. I am heading down to get legal for another 2 years in Indianapolis. It will be nearly$600 for 2 years. On top of that, add the fees for every other municipality you choose to work in. It can add up. A state wide license may be much cheaper per year. Out of curiosity, what do those who have a state wide license pay per year?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think it's funny that people believe this will change anything. I don't care one way or the other. Permit+inspection is enough. If you aren't getting a permit and inspection, chances are you don't/won't have a license anyway making this "law" completely pointless. It's just going to make more people NOT get a permit.

Great if it passes, great if it doesn't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't see how going to make cheaper ,,
for instants, in , Ohio , even if have Ohio license,, inmost city town's require separate
local permits to work in there municipality AND some there Owen test ,, Bedside's in Ohio if you have a contactor's
license ,, It covers 95 % anything you want to do,, and no test ,, and your bond is cheaper , in Ohio ,, 98 percent I know run,, under it , BUT STILL HAVE ALL LOCAL PERMITS ,,

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
As long as the bill states that you have to reside here (primary residence) in the state, to purchase a license, It would have my support. Anything short of this, is nonsense.

Every state should adopt this stance.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
It's a long road from passing legislation to enforcing it in our trade

But i have to believe that some sort of managed benchmark will eventually create a better electrical trade , and in turn better electrical work for the consumer.

I'm willing to put up with a rew revenue seeking parasites toward that end result.

I've also watched those gears grind for 30 yrs , often wondering why the major players like the IAEI don't advocate for it

~CS~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.