Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's ur opinion on panel install on 200 amp service?i like SqD on high end Cutler Hammer on low end

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
I would say Sq D QO , for a resi job, is the cadillac

the rest are all on par with each other

we've vacillated between GE, SqD Homeboy, & Siemens in the last decade and don't see any one element that would make any one of them more special or user friendly

~CS~

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
whatever is easier to get parts for in your area. makes it easy to service/upgrade existing customers imo (as long as it's not total junk)

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
Very true WildOne

if one's main supplier is GE, we'll stock GE, and it's all GE resi work panels

~CS~

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
31,689 Posts
Same question as I was asking in 1978. The answer is all plug in breaker panels are roughly the same and haven't improved hardly any since that time. If anything they are less sturdy and well constructed now than they were then.
For the most part the breakers seem to work ok when you put them in, although due to the way we wire due to the codes , it comes nowhere near to pushing the upper limits of any of it, so it is actually kind of hard to really make judgement calls on who makes "the best". Seems like now the best question to be asking is - which brand of afci breakers has the least issues? and then go with panels made around that.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
Cutler-Hammer is not low end if you're using the CH line.

I prefer calling their BR line the "economy" install.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Agreed. Charge like you are installing QO or CH CH, but actually install Homeline or Murray. No one will know the difference except for your profit margin
I charge like I'm installing I-line :thumbup: :laughing:

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Jlarson said:
I charge like I'm installing I-line :thumbup: :laughing:
Were putting in a whole bunch of square d ipacs in a new wing. Now those are some nice pieces of equipment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts