Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... Our city marina gets new parking lot, and in doing so , this was backed into by a backhoe Anyways, I get an open check to replace all this crap and I was wondering what some of you folks would charge. All new equipment.

I have already completed job and been paid.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Did you have to comply with 555.3 of the 2011 NEC?

·
Registered
12,167 Posts

·
332 Posts
Hard to guess what you billed them, but the main thing is to make sure that those blank checks keep coming. You could have gotten an extra 5k if you wanted, but quality work, and a bill that is not out of hand will keep these types of customers calling. Don't misunderstand me here, you should make really good money on these jobs for the city, just don't $hit your nest. Good work by the way.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's was a 5k job, 2 guys 7hrs. Had my check at end of day, it was an insurance job and you how those guys pay out , so I requested to have me a check upon completion of work. Insurance co wanted price , I said I'm not going to bid it. They offered 2500$ (lol) I said probably double and they moaned, but they had a rep there all day (weird) and he wrote me 5123.00 check last night. We been working this city marina for 40 yrs, and my father actually built the the first meter system long time ago And I was his helper that was kinda cool. so I kinda had some pull unbeknownst to the insurance company.
Yeah , I could have drilled them hard, but they got a fair price for the job, only 5 hrs of down time.
Even gave my 2 hands extra $200 each (HEB gift card) bonus for getting it done and making it look good.
My dad charged $1800 back then and no bonus for the son. Usual.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
No, grandfather'd in. Not inspected. But all branch circuits are protected
You did that w/out a permit? :eek: You are bolder than I, I've done work w/out a permit, but IMO that job has too many opportunities to be litigious to not get a permit.

Anyway, I assume you used a 5ma GFCI breaker to protect the circuits leaving the panel? All circuits 50-amp or less?

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Reactions: LegacyofTroy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.