Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between these two brands quality wise (specifically talking about decorator switches). I'm going to have to purchase a large quantity of them and want to know which to get. I've had good results with P&S before but never used Cooper. Seems like one is matte (P&S) and one is glossy (Cooper). Cooper says their switches are made in USA, but I'm not sure I believe it, haha. Thanks

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I use predominantly Leviton and Hubbell. Not super impressed with the P&S stuff and the GFIs are gigantic compared to the Leviton Slimline.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I use Hubbell gfci receptacles now and have used the Hubbell devices exclusively in the past. They were ok and no worse than P&S. The Hubbell covers are bit small than the P&S and a lot more shiny, which some people don't like.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
P&S resi grade stuff is on par with Leviton and Cooper/Eagle. But for commerical and industrial grade devices, I think P&S is superior since it's based on the Sierra line. I have some old USA-made Sierra devices and they are the best wiring devices I have ever seen.

:nerd::nerd::nerd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts