Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went into local pawn shop as some of you have suggested on here. Came out of there with a new pair of Klein journeymen 2000 series 9" linesman, 3 Klein drivers and a Greenlee CM-600 clamp meter. All for $82.95 Everything is brand new so I am assuming someone was going to get into trade or could possibly be stolen???

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
They bought it in the US, and pawned it in Canada. :blink:

Stuff is way more expensive in the great white north. :whistling2:

·
Les Voltage
907 Posts
Here are some side cutters I have found over the last 6 months. I use the ones in the middle, the other ones were so new the teeth would grab the wire when I was twisting. I like mine to slide a little

O have 10 5 8 on that order.

·
Registered
422 Posts
So went into local pawn shop as some of you have suggested on here. Came out of there with a new pair of Klein journeymen 2000 series 9" linesman, 3 Klein drivers and a Greenlee CM-600 clamp meter. All for $82.95 Everything is brand new so I am assuming someone was going to get into trade or could possibly be stolen???
WHERE IN PEI??????????? Is there anything else good there?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cash converters of all places. Inside wall case.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
You are right there... just compare prices from homedepot.com to homedepot.ca. It makes me want to cry.
Without wanting to get into political discussions, they tell me those higher prices are due to things like the VAT and such to pay for the health care, etc. in Canada.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Without wanting to get into political discussions, they tell me those higher prices are due to things like the VAT and such to pay for the health care, etc. in Canada.
Canadian dollars and U.S. dollars are different. Their relative value changes with the exchange rate. The confusion is, the value of each hovers around equal. Today they are almost exactly equal. But canadian dollars are often worth less, therefore it takes more of them to buy the same stuff.

·
"Boozer"
696 Posts
Well, I found a 17th century dagger from India in a Pawn shop.... bought it for 25.00 and found out is worth 1800-2500. Guy did not realize the sheath is gold and silver.......

DeWalt Li-Io dbl batt charger for 23.00
3 DeWalt 18 volt Li-Io batteries for 25.00 each
Klein 350MCM racheting cable cutter for 50.00 like new

all these items at the same pawn shop.
Was actually looking for an air powered demo hammer

Good buy on the deluxe hole saw kit!!

·
3rd Generation
1,638 Posts
I picked up a 500 series wiremold cutter for 45 bucks on ebay, last week got my benfield saw box finally for 30 and some change, Greenlee step bit clearanced out at HD for 9.00 and picked up one of those large wire benders that rack-a-tiers has in the catalog for 5 bucks out of a local pawn shop. My best score though last week was a Ripley Utility Tool 4X4-FREE.

·
Chairman of the Bored
9,774 Posts
Ah! VAT! Run people run! Nowanna be canadian or european.

·
Registered
520 Posts
nope not it
There is only 33 million Canadians and 250 million Americans (I'm not sure if I'm right) so it is supply and demand

1 - 20 of 29 Posts