Electrician Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
I'm guessing the pay is so low because industrial work does not require a license.
Now it does with new state law which is whole reason for this thread.

I would go elsewhere, but hard to beat a steady job with a 4min drive to work. I am living just fine on my single income with stay at home wife and two kids. House and both vehicles paid off, dont owe a dime to anyone except normal monthly bills and house taxes.
Never had a thing handed to me unlike some entitled people I worked hard for everything I have. Not saying I dont want a raise, but doubt it will happen where im at now.
Union steward didn't seem like he even wanted to fight for our raise. He said if it comes down to a vote on one raise or the other there is only 3 of you and 50 unskilled voting to give themselves a raise they'll get it and you won't. He didnt seem to care and I know it bothers him no seperation because he is a machinist in shop by me making same pay as me and why should i get a raise if he doesnt.
As soon as both kids are in school and we get our house in the country im planning on starting my own business working part time and wife can go back to work. Hopefully in less than 5 years. Then none of it will matter.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.