Electrician Talk banner

Payment issue

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  AK_sparky 
#1 ·
What do you guys do when a gc gives you problems with payment. Go after home owner or go after gc?

#3 ·
If the general contractor hired you then it is his responsibility. You want to borrow my Percy--- Percy Sledge that is- it is very convincing when you stand by his truck with it in hand. :laughing: Just kidding

#11 ·
Depends on who signed the contract, I am sure they didn't even see the electricians contract.

Its the GC who is responsible. I am sure he got paid and just didn't pay the sub.

If he didn't get paid maybe the GC had a 'pay when paid' clause.

#13 ·
A feel good story that happened many years ago . Not electrical trade .

SOB held back on paying . The contractor took his dump truck with trailer and Back Hoe and parked around corner with employee manning truck .
Took the Back Hoe down the driveway of GC's house and ripped the garage door off with the bucket in seconds flat . Drove back on trailer and took off .
He got payed .

I never laughed so hard .

Pete

#14 ·
A plumbing contractor I know has a tandem dump bring a full load of gravel to be dumped at the end of the offenders driveway.

Didn't get paid but got a little satisfaction out of it.

Pete

Reactions: pete87
#16 ·
I know a stone mason that had an issue with someone (pretend his name is Bob Smith) not paying. He had his kids picket in front of the house with signs that read:

"We can't eat because Bob Smith doesn't pay his bills" or soemthing to that effect with the guy's name in big letters.

He was paid within 45mins!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.