Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should state that I am an employee, looking for facts. California area so I know we go by some weird laws.

How long does an employer have to pay fringe payment?
Does it matter if the fringe goes to a third party or onto the employees check?
How long does the employer have to payout the fringe money after employee no longer works with them?
What leverage does an employee have to get there fringe money?

Story, no I longer work for the employer and still on good terms. Employer put all prevailing wage fringe payments into a third party. Third party is not sending a statement for at least another 30 days. Money is in lingo and I could really use the funds on my house while I'm not working for a month.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I should state that I am an employee, looking for facts. California area so I know we go by some weird laws.

How long does an employer have to pay fringe payment?
Does it matter if the fringe goes to a third party or onto the employees check?
How long does the employer have to payout the fringe money after employee no longer works with them?
What leverage does an employee have to get there fringe money?

Story, no I longer work for the employer and still on good terms. Employer put all prevailing wage fringe payments into a third party. Third party is not sending a statement for at least another 30 days. Money is in lingo and I could really use the funds on my house while I'm not working for a month.

What is fringe pay?:blink:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
you have to give a little more info than your giving. Are you union? If not, what third party has your money? Are you enrolled in a pension or annuity program through your employer?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
He's not union if he's making prevailing wage. Our total package sets the prevailing wage. We don't make prevailing wage. Prevailing wage is our total package rate per one hour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not Union, the third party is this company http://www.ebacsolutions.com/the-solution.html not really sure on what my money is spent on. They have been administrating our healthcare, our retirement and prevailing wage fringe for 6 months.In those 6 months I have not gotten one statement from them. At this point all I can say is I have not been paid fully, but my employer has paid fully.

My only option I know of is California State, and report not being paid. Really dont want to damage my relationship with my past employer.

·
Senior Moment
1,136 Posts
How long was the job? Has the time frame passed into another calendar year? Most pension and annuity companies only send out end of the year statements. The pension and annuity may take up to 18 months or longer to pay out if no other funds are transferred into your account.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I have talked to a few wage dispute lawyers this morning. All of them have told me to contact the Labor Commission Office.

There is absolutely nothing out there on fringe benefits laws... Just so employers know, lawyers put it in the 2 week final payment category and sue based on that.

I called my past employer and let them leverage the third party, overall I think being nice and just pushing the subject will yield faster results. I can tell you that the fringe benefit stuff is not employee friendly and can result in state involvement.

The third party have bought themselves 5 business days. Trust me they are not happy with me at all.

·
Registered
31,848 Posts
When I was non-union I only worked one prevailing wage job and I got an hourly wage that was all inclusive. Scale, fringe and of course Uncle Sam's deduct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts