1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Uhh....no thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Might be wrong bit I always thought Hioki was good stuff. Use to have some of it at work in a industrial setting.
That being said the concept of a Pen Type DMM I think would be OK in low voltage and instrumentation work but for working with real volts and amps NO WAY.
I have seen instrumentation people with the little pocket voltmeters about the size of the original IPods. I was not a big fan of those for real electrical work.
But I am a bit old fashion and besides that it is your hands it is going to blow up in.

LC

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
See here's the thing...

I don't ever click on links to products because then every website I go has that product advertised on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I could see uses. But since we have to deal with motors and controls at work, we use Fluke T5s so we have a handheld meter that does amps.

There was another pen style I might buy for home, as it has a logic function that would be handy when I'm troubleshooting newer appliances. Now, if there was one with a frequency range, it would be a must buy. The new level sensors generate varying frequency in the kilohertz to megahertz range.

·
Registered
102 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts