Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you guys are charging per opening for a residential project then how do the openings break down. for example is a 4 way switch worth x amount of openings and a fan rated box worth y

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
if you guys are charging per opening for a residential project then how do the openings break down. for example is a 4 way switch worth x amount of openings and a fan rated box worth y
I would price the 4-way higher due to the different wiring requirements. So, say you're at $50 per single pole switch, I'd do $60 for the 4 way. If your per opening is including the device upon finish, then higher still.

For the fan rated box, I'd use a higher per opening price to account for the higher cost of the box (if there is a higher cost) and the labor to install and hang the fan, if you're doing that. So, for a standard flush mount ceiling fixture, say $50, for a fan rated box and hanging the fan, $150 per opening.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
I would price the 4-way higher due to the different wiring requirements. So, say you're at $50 per single pole switch, I'd do $60 for the 4 way. If your per opening is including the device upon finish, then higher still.

For the fan rated box, I'd use a higher per opening price to account for the higher cost of the box (if there is a higher cost) and the labor to install and hang the fan, if you're doing that. So, for a standard flush mount ceiling fixture, say $50, for a fan rated box and hanging the fan, $150 per opening.
I'm sure a 4way switch is $5-10 by it's self also the cost of the 3wire as well.

Welcome to the forum OP......:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts