Electrician Talk banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Tool Fetish
813 Posts
Tried these on two projects when they first
TBmotors.jpg
came out. Thought they were the best thing. Had a couple of failures not two soon after. Removed all of them. Hated to throw them out. Get me your address, they are yours, just cover the freight.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've seen those but they look like a flimsy connection plus how would you terminate more than one motor lead to one incoming wire?
Tons of sizes and configurations. I was skeptical too back in the 80's when I was introduced to them but after a trial, we ended up doing the whole plant with them and the spares too. Change out for the electricians was mere minutes. I would think it would pay off on installation of a large number for contractors too. Instead of 14 or 20 minutes, 2 or 3 minutes to strip and crimp and 1 minute to join, slip on the cover and ty-rap. Of course I'm talking industrial (which is all I've ever done).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tried these on two projects when they first View attachment 156438 came out. Thought they were the best thing. Had a couple of failures not two soon after. Removed all of them. Hated to throw them out. Get me your address, they are yours, just cover the freight.
Wow. I'd be interested in where the failure was on the connector. I would have called T&B over that. Like I said in the other reply, we did the whole plant like that from 200 HP DC motors to 1 HP AC motors. Never had a single problem in over 8 years that I was there and saved a ton of downtime. If you're serious about dumping them, PM me for my address.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts