Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else see this going on? To me, I see guys that think it is their duty for human relations, get away with murder. I guess it is partially the way I was raised, but there are those guys with the gift to gab that must go back to the boss to tell them how good they did, and maybe badmouth their coworkers. Kind of eats at me from time to time and I wonder what the hell keeps them employed. Maybe pics of boss on goat perhaps. Don't know.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
It predates him CL

but i do appreciate the sentiment of boot licking suck ups being the bane of any possible meritocracy

fwiw, they take all my patience as well

~CS~

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What ever happened to working for a living. I can't stand it when people think they are at work to entertain. And when he does do work, someone has to mop up the crap he installed because it's miswired, or ugly. I hate nepotism. There. I said it.

·
Registered
14,472 Posts
Does anyone else see this going on? To me, I see guys that think it is their duty for human relations, get away with murder. I guess it is partially the way I was raised, but there are those guys with the gift to gab that must go back to the boss to tell them how good they did, and maybe badmouth their coworkers. Kind of eats at me from time to time and I wonder what the hell keeps them employed. Maybe pics of boss on goat perhaps. Don't know.
I know a couple of guys that fit that picture perfectly.

They've long since been driven out of the industry.

Such chit-chat is the mark of a loser.

That it's tolerated is the mark of a poor boss. If he's buying, production will continue. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,141 Posts
In 47 years in the trade 50 years in the work force, I can only remember 1 or 2 suck-ups. Not something I am openly aware of. I never had any suckups working for me that I am aware of.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts