1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I worked in the field all I heard was--
Thats not a 2 man job....

Now as a Electrical Estimator--Years later---It comes out that;
It doesn't matter if 1-2-3 men do a job---what matters is everything is an item.. Every single wire, Junction box, piece of conduit has a price and a LABOR time.... Men in the field especially foreman---Stop the ONE man B.S.... If 2 men get it done MORE Efficently--let them go!!! :whistling2:

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Well IMHO, two men don't get the job done in half the time but a good working team will get it done in about 30% less time than one guy.

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
I like the apprentice/JW Team.....
Youth/experience..... :thumbsup:

Most times that combo takes longer to get a job done, than one JW on his own.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most times that combo takes longer to get a job done, than one JW on his own.
Gotta disagree with this one Chief---JW--looks at job--sends apprentice to get material, starts measuring for conduit, gets drill ready, starts running conduit--apprentice returns...

VS---JW, running to get material, stopping to talk to 3 other JW, on the way, getting back--measuring, setting up etc.. etc..
:001_huh:

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Gotta disagree with this one Chief---JW--looks at job--sends apprentice to get material, starts measuring for conduit, gets drill ready, starts running conduit--apprentice returns...

VS---JW, running to get material, stopping to talk to 3 other JW, on the way, getting back--measuring, setting up etc.. etc..
:001_huh:

That's why I said "most times".

·
Registered
31,879 Posts
Well IMHO, two men don't get the job done in half the time but a good working team will get it done in about 30% less time than one guy.
THIS IS A DIE HARD FACT. But if they are a team they have someone to converse with.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Yeah but throw 20 dumbasses at a problem and It'll take 300% more time than just one competent person with a good set of tools.

Been times when Ive just let everyone go home early cause it pains me to watch people take 3 hours to strip a wire!:censored:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts