Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
See what happens when you sue the POCO. What happens when they go belly up? We got SCE, so we're all good. I know, we can use all that wonderful "renewable" infrastructure going to waste........oh, wait.....Gavin (what a dumbass) should be working on how to turn wild fires into usable energy for when the power goes out, because of the fires.

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
8,161 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I feel for you Telsa .. You are right in the thick of it. Very annoying for sure. I heard that SCE might cut power in the Inland Empire and even Orange County. I'm preying for them to shut the power off to LA.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,353 Posts
I wonder how long it'll be until the enviroterrorists, nature freaks and other assorted zealots will get their puppets (the court system) to outlaw the use of generators during planned power outages.
That’s actually one of the reasons it’s difficult to trim trees in many locations. Regulations from cities and counties conflict with what the FD want done. Have had customers get fined by the FD for not clearing and/or trimming trees, only to have their permits denied by the city or county, because you can’t harm the tree.

Just plain stupid.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Certainly unusual. Transmission towers are normally very reliable. Especially this one which is not that old. The one over in Paradise was really old but not this one.

·
Super Moderator
7,175 Posts
Their biggest downfall is their honesty. I'm sure their general counsel is all over their communications dep't. It was an e-mail that sank them on the Camp Fire.

And now this, they fessed up before knowing the damages, again.

Short the stock!

·
Registered
14,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/decade-darkness-california-spurring-generator-222156000.html

A “decade of darkness” in California is offering a huge opportunity for the sale of generators that keep the lights on when the power grid goes down.

That’s the view of Aaron Jagdfeld, chief executive officer of Generac Holdings Inc., the Wisconsin-based maker of generators. Jagdfeld cited a comment by PG&E Corp’s CEO last week that it could take ten years to shore up its grid enough to ratchet down the blackouts.

The bottom line for Generac: $100 million to $200 million of annual revenue, perhaps as soon as 2022, Jagdfeld said in an interview in New York on Friday, a day that saw his shares hit an all-time high. California, with its generally mild climate, wasn’t a big market for Generac until the blackouts began. While an expansion in the state will take time, Generac is gearing up a sales force and a marketing push to make it work.

“It is a situation where we see a long-term upside for building awareness for our products,” Jagdfeld said. Generac expects California will get about $1 million of the $10 million spent this year on infomercials, he said, and will open an office in Sacramento for training, inventory and retail next year.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
It is California honestly nobody cares. Other than some nice golf courses and wine country the rest of the state is just a drain on the USA.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
It is California honestly nobody cares. Other than some nice golf courses and wine country the rest of the state is just a drain on the USA.
I live in California and hate to admit it. It's not just a drain on the entire USA it's a drain on the people who live here. The cost of living is very high and taxes are ridiculous. I tried to retire to another state but missed my family especially my grand kids so I ended up moving back. It's a beautiful state mainly due to the weather and coast line but it's a real struggle living here.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,353 Posts
Still have power.... so far

·
Registered
970 Posts
PG&E has neglected to maintain any of their systems gas and electric and because of this they put us in the dark as if we were North Korea . Personally I would like to see PG&E just go away .

PG&E stands for play games and eat .

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,054 Posts
Let's go back about ten years when they either broke up the poco or did something or another regarding electricity and then everybody said - wait ten years and it will all be a broken system.

·
Hackenschmidt
11,667 Posts
Let's go back about ten years when they either broke up the poco or did something or another regarding electricity and then everybody said - wait ten years and it will all be a broken system.
It was back in the 90's, California and Texas (remember Enron?) deregulated their electrical utilities. It was a little confusing at the time, it was billed as a way to allow for competition in utilities. In hindsight it looks like of course it was not someone trying to help consumers, it was just another way for financiers, investors, bankers, and their bean counting minions to shuffle money and gut something of value.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts