Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm an EC out in the suburbs, got a few jobs in the city my GC needs done and permits must be pulled and I can't get licensed there fast enough. If anyone is interested in working with me please contact me Via private message. Thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
Phillies new permit policy in full effect.

Tax clearance and insurance for every permit.

It took me 7 days to get tax clearance.....I had to have my book keeper personally go to municiple services building to expedite things.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Expect Looney Union Tunes. I myself don't have a city license, we have assistance like yourself when we need something just like you ask for.

I heard some people complaining about these new regulations that seem to snag people. Our one associate was saying that the insurance requirements mess up his proposals and all his work is being pouched by fly-by-nights, handymen, and the undocumented.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The new requirements are for the entire city.....any type of permit....the city has a tax task force looking for the many ppl flying under the radar.

If your not paying city wage tax and business privillage tax, your not getting a permit without paying up.

For insurance... You need certificate for workmans comp, liability and auto on the citiy's format.

Last month when I was getting my first permit....they were giving an owner operator hell for not having workmans comp....his permit involved running 4" pipe... The guy at the permit desk was like " how can you do that yourself, you have to have employees".....the guy walked out without the permit.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Tonedeaf said:
The new requirements are for the entire city.....any type of permit....the city has a tax task force looking for the many ppl flying under the radar. If your not paying city wage tax and business privillage tax, your not getting a permit without paying up. For insurance... You need certificate for workmans comp, liability and auto on the citiy's format. Last month when I was getting my first permit....they were giving an owner operator hell for not having workmans comp....his permit involved running 4" pipe... The guy at the permit desk was like " how can you do that yourself, you have to have employees".....the guy walked out without the permit.
. Who needs that aggravation ? Let's face it , it's definitely an attempt to keep the " small ( non union ) " shops out of the city . Meanwhile , laid off 98 guys can fly under the radar to do these jobs . There's plenty of other places to work , that don't make you jump through hoops like Philly does . To me , it's not worth the grief .

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The new requirements are for the entire city.....any type of permit....the city has a tax task force looking for the many ppl flying under the radar.

If your not paying city wage tax and business privillage tax, your not getting a permit without paying up.

For insurance... You need certificate for workmans comp, liability and auto on the citiy's format.

Last month when I was getting my first permit....they were giving an owner operator hell for not having workmans comp....his permit involved running 4" pipe... The guy at the permit desk was like " how can you do that yourself, you have to have employees".....the guy walked out without the permit.
You do not need workmans comp, and depends on the layout he may be able to run 4" by himself. I wouldnt want to but I have seen some people do some things, nobody said it was going to look good
Overall the city is a pain, $32 to park, atleast 2 hours to get the permit if it is an ezpermit

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hey bro, your local like me and you know. Doc and Club 98 run that city.
98 could be in trouble, the Phila unions as a whole could be in trouble if they cant break Post Bros.
I have some family and friends that are seriously worried about Post Bros

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The city is busting balls now, after that building collapse. I was thinking of giving my Philly license up but i hear things are going to change for the better so I might hold on to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.