Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten 2 of these calls this week. One from Kansas and another from New Jersey. I let them go to voicemail. The message just asks if I am available to take on some service calls for "them". Who is calling me? Anybody else had these calls? Have any of you responded just to find out who it is?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yrman said:
100% it is home advisor or yext or yodel, or elocal or someone selling marketing services. I despise when salespeople take that phony approach. Run forest run.
I was amused that someone would think an EC from central Indiana would listen to the voicemail from New Jersey or Kansas and take them seriously.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I have gotten 2 of these calls this week. One from Kansas and another from New Jersey. I let them go to voicemail. The message just asks if I am available to take on some service calls for "them". Who is calling me? Anybody else had these calls? Have any of you responded just to find out who it is?

Press the button below :)

·
Registered
Electrician
4,407 Posts
I have most out of state calls marked as junk and sent straight to voice mail.

Most don't leave a message but a few do. I kept getting this call wanting me to do a service call at an Outback Steak House. I figured if they tried all the other ECs and got to me, it wasn't something or someone that I would want to deal with.

Besides most of these companies tell you what they will pay!:censored::no:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
I refuse to work with companies whose business model is based on calling anyone with a phone in an attempt to sell their so-called "service".

They only make money through sheer volume, roping in the gullible and uneducated.

And they usually keep calling back. They won't take "Go to hell" for an answer.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
My latest is Service Live. They call 3x daily and I ignore them 3x daily. Before them it was ATT. I get 30 calls per month from new numbers, on top of the 1000 or so from the past. I can stop the ring in less than a second. New numbers take a few seconds to label. I tell a salesperson "no" one time.

·
Can't Remember
10,155 Posts
I have gotten a couple that state they have paired up with one of the generator manufacturers and would like me to buy some of their leads. No thanks.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
They won't take "Go to hell" for an answer.
Actually, if one makes an 'telephone threat' well enough that to where the receiving end is inspired enough to dial the local PD , they'll take you off their :censored: list.....:whistling2::no::laughing:~CS~

·
Registered
68 Posts
somebody trying to sell you something. like SEO , Google map placement , subscription for the monthly lead service.

I get at least a call every week from those folks. they play this trick to get you talking to them. asking you if you are interested in taking more work in your area sounds much better than i am selling ads , seo...

:whistling2:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've gotten some from New York that handle chain stores , I usually juice my price when they call and twice they have given me the go ahead . One was change a projector bulb in a Disney store the other was at a guess store . Both were easy and they paid right away.it was just luck that I said yes because both were end if day and I was in the area

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've gotten some from New York that handle chain stores , I usually juice my price when they call and twice they have given me the go ahead . One was change a projector bulb in a Disney store the other was at a guess store . Both were easy and they paid right away.it was just luck that I said yes because both were end if day and I was in the area

What was the company called?

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Registered
290 Posts
I get a ton of spam calls, sometimes up to 30 in a day. If they were smart most would go back to a mail campaign. I have done some form of business with mailers that I would have blocked the call.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.