Electrician Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
.........And how do I ever get a sweet title like "Village Idiot"?

Click on User CP in the top left.

Under Your Profile, choose Edit Your Details.

First choice under Optional Information will be Custom User Title.

Type in anything you want. Except for Village Idiot. I am the village idiot, so don't try to muscle in on my turf!

connecting the in and out of a circuit to the line side of the GFI will protect what is plugged into and will not interrupt the rest of the circuit....true?
Yes that is true. There are some guys who do this, placing a separate gfci receptacle in each required location. They feel it make troubleshooting easier.
To me it's a waste. However, in say a circuit of plugs outside, run in buried pvc, it might make sense.

pigtail the neutral wires, and stab one pigtail into the line and one into the load to feed the rest of the outlets.
Your wording is a little ambiguous. This could be true.

Home run into 1st box and 2 cables going out to other receps and one going out to the refer.

You could pigtail the outgoing recep neutrals, stab them into the load side then pigtail the outgoing refer neutral with the home run and stab them in the line side.

If he said pigtail all the neutrals together, that's a different story. But, if he meant that, why would he have two pigtails?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Click on User CP in the top left.

Under Your Profile, choose Edit Your Details.

First choice under Optional Information will be Custom User Title.

Type in anything you want. Except for Village Idiot. I am the village idiot, so don't try to muscle in on my turf!

Thank you 480sparky. I did not move in on your turf and I appreciate the help. I actually have some extra time to do something finally and I'm figuring some stuff out on this site. It's great.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.