Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use simple store bought PIR' for activating lights in my shop to scare people away, lately I wanted to have a bell go off too BUT the output of the pir wont ring the bell, is this an inductive load? the little red wire of the pir only outputs about 104 V ac which will turn on the resistive load of my lights but not activate the transformer for the bell? am I missing something? or do I somehow need to boost the power output of the PIR? someone must know the answer, thanks Steve

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,719 Posts
Connect 480 volts to the microwave. Then put the buzzer inside that. Should work ok now.

Reactions: Metersocket648

·
Premium Member
residential, commercial, and industrial
234 Posts
That's called an RIP when you connect it that way, macmikeman.
Connect 480 volts to the microwave. Then put the buzzer inside that. Should work ok now.
No, no, you got it all wrong @macmikeman , you have to take the HV transformer out of the microwave, and THEN connect 480 volts to it, then get a second Microwave transformer and put it in there and then the buzzer will work🙃🙃

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,731 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.